ELPO can help with H1-B filings

by Mandy Hicks

Filing an H1-B is sometimes confusing, this year in particular.

Though the cap has been met this year for petitions already, there are some circumstances in which someone could still receive a needed H1-B. If you need an H1-B, contact us soon. We can evaluate your situation and help you file the paperwork you need.

We’re the only law firm in Western Kentucky with a dedicated immigration attorney.

Contact attorney Brett Reynolds at or (270) 781-6500.

What is an H1-B?

The H-1B is a non-immigrant visa in the United States under the Immigration and Nationality Act, section 101(a)(15)(H). It allows US employers to temporarily employ foreign workers in specialty occupations. If a foreign worker in H-1B status quits or is dismissed from the sponsoring employer, the worker must either apply for and be granted a change of status to another non-immigrant status, find another employer (subject to application for adjustment of status and/or change of visa), or leave the US.