Seven ELPO Law Attorneys Recognized as Best Lawyers 2021; Three Named Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
by Mandy Hicks
The Best Lawyers in America© announced today that it has ranked seven ELPO Law attorneys for its 2021 listing. Best Lawyers is one of the oldest and most trusted attorney rating agencies in the world, publishing annual listings featuring the most accomplished and acclaimed legal practitioners across the U.S. and nations abroad. Based on peer review feedback and meticulous vetting, the Best Lawyers selection process whittles down thousands of nominees to recognize the best of the best as objectively and meaningfully as possible.
Because Best Lawyers’ selection process is rooted in peer review, its annual lists are viewed as some of the most objective and trusted attorney ratings. For the 2021 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, 9.4 million votes were analyzed, which resulted in more than 67,000 leading lawyers being included in the new edition. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor.
ELPO Law attorneys chosen for recognition by Best Lawyers in 2021 are as follows:
• E. Kenly Ames is listed in the categories of Commercial Litigation and Bet-the-Company Litigation. Kenly has been ranked in these categories since 2013.
• Buzz English is listed in Commercial Litigation for the third year in a row.
• Charles E. English is listed in the areas of Appellate Practice, Banking and Finance, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Corporate Law, and Litigation – Trusts and Estates. He has been listed in all six areas since 2006.
• Michael Owsley is listed in the area of Education Law for the second time this year.
• Murry Raines is listed in the area of Health Care Law and has been since 2013.
• Michael Vitale is listed in the area of Corporate Law and has been since 2013.
• LaJuana Wilcher is listed in the areas of Environmental Law and Environmental Litigation where she has been ranked since 2009.
For this first time this year, ELPO Law has attorneys recognized as Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch. This recognition is given to attorneys who are earlier in their careers for outstanding professional excellence in private practice in the United States. Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch recipients typically have been in practice for 5-9 years.
The methodology for determining Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch is the same as for Best Lawyers recognition: peer-review.
2021 ELPO Law attorneys recognized as Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch include:
• Sarah Jarboe listed in the area of Environmental Law.
• Nathan Vinson listed in the areas of Corporate and Tax Law.
• J.A. Sowell listed in the area of Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs.