Super Lawyers honors six attorneys from ELPO
by Mandy Hicks
Six attorneys from ELPO were ranked as Super Lawyers for 2016 by the attorney rating service, which is operated by Thomson Reuters.
Attorneys ranked for 2016 are:
- E. Kenly Ames, ranked in business litigation and intellectual property litigation. Listed in Super Lawyers since 2013.
- Park Priest, ranked in business litigation, business/corporate and insurance coverage. Listed in Super Lawyers since 2012.
- Kurt Maier, ranked in personal injury – products: plaintiff; personal injury – general: plaintiff. Listed in Super Lawyers since 2010.
- Charles English, ranked in business litigation, business/corporate and insurance coverage. Listed in Super Lawyers since 2007.
- Whayne C. Priest Jr., ranked in state, local and municipal land use/zoning; business litigation. Listed in Super Lawyers since 2007.
- Charles E. “Buzz” English, ranked in civil litigation: defense, eminent domain; business litigation. Listed in Super Lawyers since 2008.
Super Lawyers is an attorney evaluation process that rewards a designation to those attorneys rated highly by their peers for their outstanding work. According to Super Lawyers, the selection process is as follows:
Super Lawyers selects attorneys using a patented multiphase selection process. Peer nominations and evaluations are combined with independent research. Each candidate is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Selections are made on an annual, state-by-state basis.
The objective is to create a credible, comprehensive and diverse listing of outstanding attorneys that can be used as a resource for attorneys and consumers searching for legal counsel. Since Super Lawyers is intended to be used as an aid in selecting a lawyer, we limit the lawyer ratings to those who can be hired and retained by the public, i.e., lawyers in private practice and Legal Aid attorneys.
The Super Lawyers patented selection process involves three basic steps: creation of the candidate pool; evaluation of candidates by the research department; and peer evaluation by practice area.
If you’d like to read more about Super Lawyers, click here: http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html