Environmental and Regulatory Law
Our attorneys represent clients in complex environmental matters at the national, state and local levels, relying on significant environmental experience gained in the courtroom, during commercial negotiations and in leadership positions in state and U.S. government. We draw on the insights gained from those experiences to provide clients with strategies and approaches to navigate successfully through environmental regulatory compliance, enforcement and planning issues.
Our lawyers assist clients on a broad range of environmental issues, including:
- Developing environmental regulatory compliance strategies and programs
- Representing clients in federal and state environmental enforcement actions
- Litigating environmental issues in federal and state courts and administrative proceedings
- Conducting environmental audits for clients
- Monitoring environmental regulatory developments and proposals and advising clients about potential changes and implications
- Crafting comments representing clients’ views on environmental regulatory proposals published by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Kentucky Department for Environmental Protection
- Assisting clients with communication strategies on environmental issues
- Developing regulatory and legislative proposals and lobbying appropriate branches of government to advance clients’ interests
- Negotiating with diverse interests and groups to facilitate consensus solutions to environmental problems
- Working with clients to develop “green” approaches to doing business
Our attorneys have represented Fortune 100 corporations, municipal government entities, water and wastewater authorities, start-up firms, associations and not-for-profit organizations on environmental matters throughout the U.S. Our attorneys have helped shape national and state environmental policies and regulations. This experience gives our environmental lawyers unique insights into the regulatory challenges that our clients face and the ability to work collaboratively with our clients to develop creative and cost-effective solutions to today’s most complex environmental challenges.